ค้นหา

Custom Search

thaifly travel

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sonix Snap Slim Case for iPod Touch 4G (Black)

Sonix Snap Slim Case for iPod Touch 4G (Black)

Technical Details


Designed to fit your NEW iPod Touch 4 perfectly!

Protects your screen on any surface with built in ScreenStilts

Rubberized coating offers superior grip and comfortable feel

All iPod Touch buttons are easily accessible while in Snap!

Includes 1 clear screen protector, 1 wipe cloth and 1 year warranty!
The product itself is good. As others have written, it might not protect your iPod Touch 4G from a fall on a hard surface, but it will keep it nice and safe in a purse/backpack/pocket. It's sleek and does not add much weight or bulk to a product whose appeal is its small size and weight. The reason I rated it so low is that I am very disappointed that it lacked instructions, and I had to throw away 1/2 of my purchase because of it.


There are really two parts to this product:
1) The semi-rigid hard plastic shell that wraps around the back and sides of the iPod. This part fits perfectly, and has holes in exactly the right spots - the bottom receptacle for the USB plug, the top on/off switch, the side volume, and the rear camera. This part is pretty easy to snap on (despite the lack of instructions), and once it is on, it's not going anywhere, unless you purposely want to remove it.

2) The clear plastic screen protector. This part seems like it probably works great if you know how to apply it correctly (which I didn't). It seems to be the right size and has two holes in the right places - one for the bottom button and one for the front facing camera. The camera hole is of particular importance because the previous iPod Touches and iPhones did not have this camera, so the screen protectors meant for the earlier devices will not have the second hole.
So why does it get only three stars? I basically ruined the clear plastic screen protector while trying to apply it because I didn't know what I was doing, and the product lacks instructions. The protector itself comes 'sandwiched' between two other pieces of plastic, and it's not immediately obvious which piece of plastic is the product and which is the packaging (at least it wasn't to me). I ended up putting the actual product down on my kitchen table, thinking it was trash, and it got a bunch of dust and debris on it. When I figured it out and tried putting it on my iPod, all of the dirt caused a bunch of bubbling.
Sonix Snap Slim Case for iPod Touch 4G (Black)


You might say this is my ignorance, which is true... but a product should have instructions, and this one did not. In the meantime, I have seen lots of other reviews of people getting confused with these plastic covers (offered directly by other sellers) even with good instructions, so I don't think I'm the only one.

So now I have to shell out another $10.00 for a three-pack of the clear covers. It would cost them barely anything to put some instructions. Pretty disappointing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment